Assignment 18A- Create a Customer Avatar
My prototypical customer is a racially diverse (half-black half-Hispanic) female in her early 20's. She attends the University of Florida and is currently a third-year Journalism major from Cuba and has family in South Florida and mainly her home country. My customer also has a very big family, including 2 brothers and 2 sisters, so she must support her expenses by working part-time as an assistant at the Gainesville news station on campus. One day, my customer hopes to work for the Spanish news channel "Telemundo" and loves to sing, write poetry, and cook. She is a registered Democrat, and looks up to Beyonce, Zoe Saldana, and Barack Obama as her idols. She is very family-oriented, responsible and hard working, and is considered a great student.As far as what I have in common with my customer, I would say we both grew up in traditional Hispanic households and have experienced managing a big family on top of other responsibilities. Our similar hard-working mindset allows me to understand her as a customer and what she would be looking for in a product. Because of that, our similarities are not coincidental because most females I meet that are like me are in search of a product that I hope to create, so I would be targeting a segment that this prototypical customer falls into.
Hello Jeannette, The amount of detail in your post and in the image helped me visualize your prototypical customer. A customer with a diverse background and set of experiences opens many marketing avenues. You were able to find many similarities between you and your prototypical customer which is important for finding opportunities. This portion of the assignment was the hardest for me.
ReplyDeleteI love the amount of thought and detail you put into this character! Even what party affiliation they are and who they look up to! I think it really helps everyone understand who your targeted audience is.
ReplyDelete