Friday, April 17, 2020

Assignment 26A- Celebrating Failure

Assignment 26- Celebrating Failure

  1. During this semester and year in general, I experienced a LOT of failure with regards to academics and my personal life. In one instance, I helped lead a very large general body meetings where nearly 100 students (both UF students and exchange students) were there in attendance. The presentation ran fairly smooth, and we usually end the meeting with a game of two truths and a lie about each exchange students' home universities. Somehow, the answer key to the game was completely messed up and resulted in nearly a 30 minute delay of the game, which didnt even function properly after "fixing it". This was very embarrassing for both the executive board members and the students in the organization, and is definitely a time that I think I failed.
  2. From this event, I learned that failure happens even at the most inconvenient of times. In the moments you need things to work most, like in front of an audience for example, they don't, and that's life. The only thing our executive board could do was laugh about it and come together to brainstorm ways to fix the situation either in the future or immediately.
  3. In general, I learned that failure will happen whenever it wants to and you kind of just have to roll with the punches. Embrace it, accept it, and understand that it will keep happening until the day you die. Personally, I've become someone who is afraid of failure but ready to take it on. I think this year was very challenging for me because I failed so much more than I'd like to admit, but I'm clearly alive and well and made it through all of my failures in life if I can be where I am today. This class made me realize that someone else's failures can be your greatest strengths, so always look at your failure as an opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. I think this semester has been hard on all of us. I know I've experienced a lot of failure so far this year. But it's good that you learned from it and made the best of it!

    ReplyDelete